NOTICE OF MEETING …..
Thursday, April 15, 2010
1380 Howard Street, Room 537
1.0 REVIEW OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
For discussion and action
1.1 Public comment
1.2 PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the Executive Committee meeting of March 18, 2010 be approved as submitted.
2.0 NEXT MENTAL HEALTH BOARD MEETING AND ACTION ITEMS
For discussion and action
2.1 Issues regarding the content of the agenda
Items mentioned at Board Meetings by Board Members
· Additional presenters from the criminal justice system such as public defender, district attorney, sheriff
· Holistic Healing presentation
· How does San Francisco handle suicide calls in SF
· Presentation by Lyric youth who are consumers. Denny David
2.2 Board Planning for future MHB meetings
2.3 Public comment
2.4 PROPOSED RESOLUTION: That the Executive Committee adopt the agenda for the Mental Health Board meeting on May 12, 2010, as discussed.
2.5 PROPOSED RESOLUTION: That the Executive Committee approve a donation in the amount of $150.00 to the NAMI Walk on May 22, 2010 to the team ________________, led by the Mental Health Board Peer Counselor, LaVaughn Kellum King.
For discussion and possible action.
3.1 Chair's report
· Discussion regarding additional members on the Executive Committee
· Discussion regarding recruitment of new members
3.2 Committee Reports
3.3 Additional business regarding the duties, mandates, and operations of the Board.
3.3. a New business for future Executive Committee meetings
3.3. b Discussion of developing issues for the MHB
. 3.3. c Other MHB business
3.4. Public comment
1. American Sign Language interpreters and/or a sound enhancement system will be available on request. Please contact Edwin Batongbacal at (415) 255-3446 (voice) or (415) 255-3449 (TTD). Five days notice before the meeting will help to ensure the presence of an ASL interpreter or sound enhancement system. Large print copies of the agenda will be made available upon request; please call (415) 255-3474.
2. Meetings are held at 1380 Howard Street, (corner of 10th and Howard Streets), in Room 537. The closest accessible BART station is the Civic Center station, at the intersection of Market, Grove and Hyde Streets. The closest Muni Metro station is the Van Ness Station. Accessible MUNI lines serving the location are the 9 San Bruno, 47 Van Ness, 14 Mission, and 71 Haight/Noreiga. Also, the J, K, L, M, and N lines underground. For more information or updates about the current status of MUNI accessible services, call (415) 923-6142. For information about Paratransit Services call (415) 351-7000.
3. 1380 Howard Street is accessible to wheelchairs. Elevators, doorways, restrooms, and the meeting room are wheelchair accessible. Accessible curbside parking has been designated on Polk Street.
4. In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
POLICY ON CELL PHONE, PAGERS, AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers, and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact:
Sunshine Ordinance Task Force
City Hall, Room 244
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA 94102-4689
Fax: 4(15) 554-5163
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request one from Mr. Rustom or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code from the internet at: www.sfgov.org/sunshine
To view Mental Health Board agendas and minutes, you may visit the MHB web page at: www.sfgov.org/mental_health. You may also go to the Government Information Center at the Main Library at Larkin and Grove in the Civic Center. You may also get copies of these documents through the MHB office at 255-3474.
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; web site www.sfgov.org/ethics.