Noise Task Force
The Noise Task Force was created by the Board of Supervisors in Section 2918 of the noise control ordinance. The Noise Task Force meets on a quarterly basis to exchange information regarding noise abatement matters including but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle noise control,
- Coordination of complaint response,
- Animal noise control,
- Implementation of building codes related to acoustical insulation of new residential construction,
- Oversight of complaints regarding entertainment noise,
- Implementation of General Plan Policies related to noise,
- Environmental review,
- Maintenance and upgrades to noise control ordinance as needed, and
- Coordination of noise abatement activities that involve more than one department.
In addition, the Task Force provides consultation services and assistance to the Director of Public Health for the purpose of facilitating coordinated implementation of the duties necessary to oversee and implement the noise control ordinance in a manner that protects the acoustical environment of San Francisco as well as the people from health impacts associated with noise. The membership of the Task Force consists of voting members who represent Departments specifically assigned noise enforcement responsibilities and non-voting members who represent Departments or Agencies whose work or purchases directly impact the acoustical environment of the City. The Noise Task Force reports annually to the Board of Supervisors regarding progress in protecting the noise environment, solving complaints, and necessary enabling legislation required to meet its legislative mandate.
Noise Task Force Board of Supervisors
Upcoming Noise Task Force Meeting
Meeting Agendas and Minutes